Hewens College consistently strives for excellence. In its latest Ofsted report in 2019, inspectors confirmed that “Leaders know the pupils in their school well and provide personalised support for pupils. This promotes pupils’ personal development effectively.”
Hewens College is ambitious for its students and committed to ensuring that the best possible outcomes are achieved for the learner. We look forward in the knowledge that Hewens College is a place 'where education transforms lives' and through its strong partnership working, 'success is achieved through collaboration'.
PUBLIC EXAMINATION RESULTS 2019
We are very proud to report that students at Hewens College have improved their levels of attainment and achievement, with a significant increase on 2018’s results. 50% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grade 4 and above, including English and Mathematics.
KEY STAGE 4 PROGRESS 2019
- The Progress 8 score for GCSE in 2018/2019 was -0.5
- The Attainment 8 score for GCSE in 2018/2019 was 37.3
- The percentage of students entering the EBacc was 28%
- The percentage of students staying in education or employment after KS4 was 88%
- The percentage of students achieving grade 5 or above in English and mathematics was 22%
POST 16 STUDENT PROGRESS 2019
- The progress score for academic qualifications was -0.5
- The progress score for applied general qualifications was -0.35
- The average point score for academic qualifications was 16.86
- The average point score for applied general qualifications was 25.91
- The percentage of students completing their main study programme was 100%
- 79% of students progressed to higher education or employment after their Post 16 studies.
Please refer to the Department for Education (DfE) website for Examination and Assessment Results at Key Stage 4 by clicking on the following link:
Please refer to the Department for Education (DfE) website for Post 16 (Key Stage 5) Examination and Assessment Results by clicking on the following link: